STARR RANCH GROWERS FREEZING TIPS FOR CHERRIES
WASH | PACK | FREEZE
- Before freezing, label and date each plastic bag or container.
- For fastest freezing, place bags directly on freezer shelves. Leave space around each bag until contents are frozen.
- Rinse firm, ripe cherries in cold water and drain properly.
- Pack cherries in plastic freezer bags or freezer-proof containers. Remove excess air, fasten and/or cover tightly.
- Then freeze.
TO SERVE FROZEN CHERRIES
- Remove amount of cherries needed, reseal plastic bag or container and return to freezer.
- Serve cherries partially frozen for best flavor and texture.
- Remove stems and pits; add to salads, sauces and your favorite recipe.
OVERVIEW | CANNING | DRYING | JAMS